Before booking your semi-permanent brow procedure it's important to determine whether you are suitable for the treatment.
If any of the below apply to you, unfortunately you are not suitable for the treatment and cannot go ahead with booking:
Clients who have been taking Roaccutane or any steroid based acne medication in the last six months.
Under the age of 18.
Abnormal heart conditions.
Pregnant or breastfeeding.
Taking blood thinners - GP letter required.
Suffer from any blood conditions such as HIV/AIDS.
Suffer from keloid scarring - depends on the severity, GP letter required.
Undergoing treatment for cancer such as chemotherapy, this can be done 3 weeks after the last chemotherapy session with a GP letter.
Suffers from epilepsy, you must wait at least 24 months after the last seizure and refer to your GP.
Any skin conditions on the treatment area such as psoriasis, cold sores etc.
Suffers from Anaemia, Haemophilia, Hepatitis, Kidney Disease, Liver Disease, Lupus, Stomach Ulcers , Tuberculosis etc.
Had permanent makeup done elsewhere that is still very prominent - consultation required and removal may be advised before new brows
If you have a condition and you're unsure whether you would be suitable for Microblading please get in touch.
- A patch test is required at least 24 hours before your appointment regardless of if you've had the treatment elsewhere before (please book this online or email if there's no time suitable).
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin & ibuprofen for 24 hours before and after treatment, as they can thin the blood. However, you must not discontinue any medications before consulting with your GP.
- Please avoid caffeine 24 hours before your treatment, this is also a blood thinner and can cause excessive bleeding therefore leading to poor retention of the ink.
- Avoid power shakes and power greens, fish oil and 'Hair, skin & nails' supplements 24 hours prior.
- Glycolic/Retin A/Chemical Peels should be discontinued 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- AHA's should not be used 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after (check your face wash, moisturiser etc for anything that says acid).
- Chemical/Laser treatment should not be performed 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Botox should not be performed 4 weeks before or after your treatment.
- It's recommended to wash your hair on the day of your appointment, it's not essential however it makes life a little easier during the first few days (note: you will not be able to get your brows wet for two weeks so bare this in mind also).
- Avoid brow serums for two weeks prior.
- If you wear brow make up please wear this to your appointment.
- You do not need to shape your brows prior as this will be done within the treatment.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for one week prior.
- Brow Lamination and Henna brows should not be completed for 3 weeks prior.
- Under no circumstances can children be brought to your appointment.